Welcome to the Maine Young Members (YM)!
The Maine Chapter Young Members group is growing! Due to participant involvement and members stepping up to become leaders, we are able to offer more events each season.
Our focus is to get young folks in their 20’s and 30’s, and young at heart, involved in AMC activities: socialization, recreation, and conservation. We are hoping to increase young membership in the AMC and to ensure that the Maine Chapter remains strong and active well into the future. The Young Members Committee will plan workshops, trips, and events geared towards specific interests, while also working with other AMC committees and outing clubs on Maine’s college campuses.
For Young Member Activities, visit the calendar to view continuously updated postings of events and activities, and ‘like’ us on Facebook for last minute trip postings and reminders: http://www.facebook.com/groups/9829386986/
Why Get Involved?
- You want to meet people with similar interests on awesome hiking, paddling, climbing, or skiing trips, for both overnight and day trips, all over New England.
- You want to support the oldest Conservation organization in the country.
- You want to improve your leadership skills and lead trips for your peers. AMC offers training and mentoring programs.
- You get Membership Discounts on: trainings, destination stays (lodging), books, maps, paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
How to get involved?
- Become a participant on a hike or attend a social! See the calendar
- Become a member at https://amcmaine.org/membership/
- Become a Leader for Hiking, Backpacking, Biking (Road and Mountain), Paddling, Winter hikes, and/or Socials. You can start the process of becoming a leader anytime of the year. For more information contact the Young Member Chair
Contact Us if you are interested in getting involved with the Maine Chapter Young Members, or to be placed on an e-mail list for notification of events and activities! Email Young Member Chair.
Don’t live in Maine? Or just want to see what other Young Members Groups are doing? For more information on young members committees in other chapters, please go to their websites:
- Boston Chapter: http://www.amcboston.org/youngmembers/index.html
- Worcester Chapter: http://www.amcworcester.org/ym.html
- New Hampshire Chapter: http://www.amc-nh.org/youngmemb.html
- New York/North Jersey Chapter: http://www.amc-ny.org/recreational-activities/youngmembers/
- Connecticut Chapter: http://www.ct-amc.org/ct-amc-ya/index.shtm
- Berkshires Chapter: http://www.amcberkshire.org/ym
- Washington D.C.: http://www.amc-dc.org/Files/youngmembers_new.html
- Delaware Valley: (scroll to the bottom of the page) http://www.amcdv.org/Activities/
Lonesome Lake Hut WeekendDate: Friday, November 1 - Sunday, November 3
Here's your chance to stay at Lonesome Lake Hut with breathtaking views of Franconia Ridge across a pristine glacial lake! This is the most accessible hut in the White Mountains at just 1.6 miles from the trailhead. This hut offers access to nearby mountains such as Cannon, North & South Kinsman as well as lakeside hiking trails. There is often some snow and ice in November in the White Mountains so you should have hiking experience in cold weather and microspikes or similar boot traction (we may have extra spikes to lend). Please Note: bunkrooms are unheated. At least a 20-degree sleeping bag or warmer, appropriate layers to keep warm and nalgene or similar water bottles and insulators recommended. We'll have a potluck burrito dinner Saturday night (all other meals/snack are on your own). Member Rates: Friday: $28/ Saturday: $45 (taxes not included). Non-Member Rates: Friday: $34/Saturday: $54. TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT: *CALL AMC Reservations Line at 603-466-2727 Mon-Sat, 9am to 5pm. Ask to reserve into Group Reservation #451049 "AMC Maine Chapter". Space is limited so reserve early! Send me an email once you reserve your spot and if you have questions. I will send out details to those with confirmed reservations, closer to the event. This Event is listed as Young Members 20's & 30's but is open to ALL.Activity Categories: Social Events
Adult Member Fee: $73
Adult Non-Member Fee: $88
Location: Lonesome Lake Hut NH
Region: New Hampshire, White Mountains
Leader: Denise Fredette
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Intermediate