Welcome to the Maine Young Members (YM)!
The Maine Chapter Young Members group is growing! Due to participant involvement and members stepping up to become leaders, we are able to offer more events each season.
Our focus is to get young folks in their 20’s and 30’s, and young at heart, involved in AMC activities: socialization, recreation, and conservation. We are hoping to increase young membership in the AMC and to ensure that the Maine Chapter remains strong and active well into the future. The Young Members Committee will plan workshops, trips, and events geared towards specific interests, while also working with other AMC committees and outing clubs on Maine’s college campuses.
For Young Member Activities, visit the calendar to view continuously updated postings of events and activities, and ‘like’ us on Facebook for last minute trip postings and reminders: AMC Maine/NH Young Members
Why Get Involved?
- You want to meet people with similar interests on awesome hiking, paddling, climbing, or skiing trips, for both overnight and day trips, all over New England.
- You want to support the oldest Conservation organization in the country.
- You want to improve your leadership skills and lead trips for your peers. AMC offers training and mentoring programs.
- You get Membership Discounts on: trainings, destination stays (lodging), books, maps, paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
How to get involved?
- Become a participant on a hike or attend a social! See the calendar
- Become a member at https://amcmaine.org/membership/
- Become a Leader for Hiking, Backpacking, Biking (Road and Mountain), Paddling, Winter hikes, and/or Socials. You can start the process of becoming a leader anytime of the year. For more information contact the Young Member Chair
Contact Us if you are interested in getting involved with the Maine Chapter Young Members, or to be placed on an e-mail list for notification of events and activities! Email Young Member Chair.
Don’t live in Maine? Or just want to see what other Young Members Groups are doing? For more information on young members committees in other chapters, please go to their websites:
- Boston Chapter: amcboston.org/youngmembers
- Worcester Chapter: amcworcester.org/ym
- New Hampshire Chapter: http://www.amc-nh.org/youngmemb.html
- New York/North Jersey Chapter: www.amc-ny.org/young-members
- Connecticut Chapter: www.ct-amc.org/ym/
- Berkshires Chapter: amcberkshire.org/young_members
- Potomac Chapter: outdoors.org/chapters/potomac
- Delaware Valley: (scroll to the bottom of the page) http://www.amcdv.org/Activities/
Speckled Mountain LoopDate: Tuesday, August 3
This loop hike is in the Speckled-Caribou Mountain Wilderness and is rated as difficult. We will gain approximately 2670 feet of elevation over 9.4 miles. We hike as a group and like to enjoy the views, but will try to keep a moderate pace.Activity Categories: Hiking
Location: Evans notch
Region: Maine, Western
Leader: Kim Sanders , Robin Kerber
Registration is required for this activity.