Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke or Denise Fredette
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Bill or Denise to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
BeOnlineWithAMC Webinar - Carey Kish : 72 Days on the Florida National Scenic TrailDate: Wednesday, June 3, 7:00 pm - Wednesday, June, 3, 8:30 pm
A Long Winter's Walk: 72 Days End to End on the Florida National Scenic Trail Three winters ago, Carey Kish tackled the Florida Trail, a journey of 1,100 miles on perhaps the least heralded and traveled of the country's major footpaths. Join Carey as he makes the grueling trek through the wild heartland of Florida from the edge of the Everglades to Pensacola Bay across an amazing landscape of sawgrass prairies, swamps, piney forests and palm groves, complete with alligators, snakes, skeeters and wild hogs. Carey Kish of Mount Desert Island is a veteran hiker, outdoors and travel writer, Registered Maine Guide, beer enthusiast and certified funmeister. The author of AMC's Best Day Hikes Along the Maine Coast and the AMC Maine Mountain Guide, Carey has hiked two dozen of the world's long-distance trails, including the 2,189-mile Appalachian Trail (twice) and all but 177 miles of the 2,653-mile Pacific Crest Trail. See Related Links for link to webinarActivity Categories: Meetings
Location: Online webinar - see related links
Region: Maine, Inland
Leader: Bill Brooke
FMI: Link to Webinar: