Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke or Denise Fredette
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Bill or Denise to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Introduction to Winter Hiking and SnowshoeingDate: Saturday, December 14
This is an early winter opportunity to learn (or re-learn) and practice winter hiking and snowshoeing skills. We'll go over safe methods for traveling, hydrating, eating, watching the weather and - most of all-enjoying winter walks. If there is snow, we'll practice snowshoeing. There is usually ice to be found at Bradbury Mountain State Park so bring micro-spikes or other ice traction equipment. An easy hike to the top of the mountain yields great views. The total distance will be around 2 miles including a climb of approximately 400 feet. Please indicate your level of experience when you contact us. We will provide you with details about the hike including a recommended gear list and are happy to answer any questions. There is a $3/per adult entrance fee to the park.Activity Categories: Snowshoeing
Location: Bradbury Mountain State Park
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Jeanne Christie 207-310-8708 (before 9pm)
Co-Leader: Steven Profaizer
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Easy