Currently the Outings Committee Chair is vacant (For more information reach out to Chair and FMI: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
The AMC release agreement for volunteer-led activities must be signed by all trip participants including the leaders and emailed to AMC and Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke by the leader after the trip.
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
INTRODUCTION TO WINTER HIKING WEBINAR WORKSHOP - BEONLINEWITHAMC -Date: Tuesday, December 7, 7:00 pm - Tuesday, December, 7, 8:30 pm
Experienced Maine AMC winter hiking leaders will discuss clothing, gear, snow travel, and other essential knowledge and techniques to prepare you for outdoor outings in the winter. This event is intended as an introductory course for new and experienced three-season hikers and a refresher for experienced winter adventurers. Although the focus of the workshop is on hiking in the winter, many of the topics apply to any outdoor winter outing. This workshop will be an excellent "things-you-need-to-know-before-you-go" for anyone who will be spending time out of doors this winter.Activity Categories: Hiking
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Bill Brooke
Registration is required for this activity.