Currently the Outings Committee Chair is vacant (For more information reach out to Chair and FMI: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
The AMC release agreement for volunteer-led activities must be signed by all trip participants including the leaders and emailed to AMC and Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke by the leader after the trip.
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Carter Dome & Mt. HightDate: Friday, July 2
Lollipop loop hike via Nineteen Mile Brook, Carter-Moriah, Zeta Pass, and Carter Dome Trails. We will pass by the AMC Carter Notch Hut and summit Carter Dome (4832') and Mt. Hight (4675') - weather permitting. Elevation gain approx 3,800 ft, and we will cover approx 10+ miles. Part of this hike is above-treeline. Participants will have recent hiking experience of similar mileage/elevation gain. Pace expected to avg 1.5-2 mph. Space will also be held for newcomers. Limited to 8 participants.Activity Categories: Hiking
Location: Nineteen Mile Brook Trailhead, Pinkham Notch, NH
Region: New Hampshire, White Mountains
Leader: Diane Neff , Denise Fredette
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Strenuous