Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke or Denise Fredette
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Bill or Denise to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Isle au Haut Loop Hike & Ferry RideDate: Thursday, June 20
Acadia National Park has some great hikes, but this rugged shore hike along the exposed southern & western portion of Isle au Haut is very special. The 75-minute ferry ride and mid-week departure ensure a quiet, no-crowd hiking experience. Although we will not be climbing any mountains as is often the case in the main section of the park, this is a rugged coast trail with much up and down and some scrambling. This approximately 5-mile loop hike incorporates short portions of the park gravel road but will mostly be on footpath. We will walk at a moderate pace with periodic stops for scenery and points of interest. Bring your lunch to eat along the shore. The ferry ride ($20 each way) on the mailboat from Stonington (Maine's largest lobster fleet) to Duck Harbor adds to the adventure. You can drive to Stonington that morning but allow time for navigating the limited parking options (parking near the ferry is $8 to $11/day). We plan an early morning start, so staying nearby on Wednesday night may be preferable. Registration is required for this activity - please contact the leader directly to register, to obtain boat departure details and for Wednesday night camping options. Space is limited to 14 participants. No fee but you will have to pay for your own parking, ferry & lunch.Activity Categories: Hiking
Location: Isle au Haut Unit, Acadia National Park
Region: Maine, Downeast and Acadia
Leader: Tony Barrett 207-833-0939 (Before 9PM)
Co-Leader: Gerry Locke 207-948-2132 (before 9:00 PM)
Registration is required for this activity.