Currently the Outings Committee Chair is vacant (For more information reach out to Chair and FMI: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
The AMC release agreement for volunteer-led activities must be signed by all trip participants including the leaders and emailed to AMC and Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke by the leader after the trip.
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
BeOnlineWithAMC - Day Hiking - Things to Know Before You GoDate: Wednesday, April 21, 6:30 pm - Wednesday, April, 21, 8:30 pm
Hiking has so many benefits and there are lots of opportunities to explore trails from beginner through advanced in Maine and beyond. This workshop will go over the basics of planning a day hike, gear, clothes, what to bring, know before you go, physically preparing to hike, leave no trace, and common hiking jargon. There will be time for questions at the end. This workshop is geared toward those who are new to hiking and those hikers who want a refresher. You should receive an email confirmation and link to Webinar once you have registered via the link provided.Activity Categories: Instruction (Skills)
Region: Web Based
Leader: Denise Fredette
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Easy