Currently the Outings Committee Chair is vacant (For more information reach out to Chair and FMI: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email: Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
The AMC release agreement for volunteer-led activities must be signed by all trip participants including the leaders and emailed to AMC and Maine Chapter Chair Bill Brooke by the leader after the trip.
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Summer Across Maine Crazy Beaver Lodge Wander along the Presumpscot RiverDate: Sunday, July 25
In recent years beavers have been building lodges along the Presumpscot River. In a stretch less than a mile in length there are six lodges, mostly on the banks of the river. What's going on? Are there beaver living in all of them? How can we tell? This is not a hike; it's a wander or maybe more of a meander abandoning the trail frequently to scramble along the water's edge doubling back on the opposite side of the river and all the time searching for clues to learn more about an amazing animal; the beaver. If you are looking for a point to point hike; do not sign up! You will not enjoy this. If you like the idea of experimenting with something different; this wander might be for you! Expected distance 3-4 miles; flat but uneven terrain, includes scrambling over logs; pushing through shrubs and past small trees, completing a water crossing or two and the possibility of wet feet. Warning! There's no certainty we'll figure out what the beaver are really up to. It won't be the beaver who will be acting crazy. It'll be us! This hike is brought to you in partnership with L.L. Bean and who is generously sponsoring the AMC-L.L. Bean hike series as part of LL Bean's Summer Across Maine. Please note: there is a new registration process in place. When you click on the "registration button", you will need to log in with your email and AMC password to be able to register. If you don't have an AMC account; you will have to create one to complete the registration form which initiates the registration process. You do NOT have to become a member of AMC but you do have to have an account. The form you fill out is then emailed to you and I receive a copy as well. I will follow up with an email to you with some additional questions for you to answer. When you have answered these (by email or by phone) and we are both in agreement this wander is a good fit for you; then your registration will be confirmed.Activity Categories: Hiking
Location: Presumpscot River, Route 35 North Windham
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Jeanne Christie 207-310-8708 (before 9pm)
Co-Leader: Tony Anni
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Easy to moderate difficulty;