Outings Committee Chair and FMI: Bill Brooke or Denise Fredette
For all our upcoming Activities, Outings, Meetings and more – Be sure to check out our calendar page. Hope to see you soon!
AMC Online Trips Listing System for qualified Chapter Leaders
Trips Listing System – Go here to enter new trips, edit pending trips or change the status on posted (live) trips. For edits to trips that are live, please contact the Outings Chair or any of the Approvers listed under “My Approval Queue” when you log in to the system.
If you are not currently signed up to use the system but are an approved Chapter trip leader, email Bill or Denise to gain access.
Guidelines for AMC Outdoors listings:
- Description (Word .doc) and Example (PDF)
- Tips for an attractive and informative trip listing
- On-line trip listing system changes, August 2012. PDF
- General User Manual– This is the full documentation for the system
- Reviewer/Approver User Manual (not for most users)
For additional Volunteer Resources visit: http://www.outdoors.org/volunteers/forms/index.cfm
Trip leader information:
- AMC Maine Chapter Leader Requirements and Guidelines (November, 2017)
- Maine Chapter Financial Policy for all Activities (adopted July 2014)
- Financial Reporting Form 2013 (Please refer to the Financial Policy for use of this Form.)
- Screening & Pre-registration Tips: Web Page or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest general info
- White Mountain National Forest Use Form PDF or MS Word
- White Mountain National Forest backcountry rules PDF
- Map tool detailing wilderness areas
- Incident Report Form
- Mountain Leadership School and Scholarship Application (Word)
- Trail Head Talk Card
- SOAP Note
- Patient Care Form
Volunteer Release Agreement:
- Volunteer Release Agreement (link to PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form in PDF
- Equipment checklist to plan spring and summer hikes.
- Alone in the Maine Woods PDF file.
- Winter Hiking Workshop Handout
Paddling, skiing, gear and more. Please log in to AMC Member Center and check out the Member Deals page.
You must register in advance before participating in any chapter trips.
Canceled: Date: Friday, January 31
X-C Skiing in the woods on snowmobile trails
Activity Categories: Skiing - Cross-Country (Nordic)
Join us for a morning outing cross-country skiing on trails that are used by snowmobiles and are usually groomed. These are mostly old woods roads and some side trails that make for 2 loops with a straight stretch in between. The trails are mostly flat with a couple easy slopes. We can also ski by a couple ponds at the old Topsham land fill. This area makes for a scenic ski outing where we can watch for animal tracks and enjoy being surrounded by woods. We'll set a moderate pace. I'd call this an easy outing if you are used to skiing for2-3 hours.
Be sure to email Michelle to register and include a bit of info on your x-c skiing experience and include a phone contact. A fully detailed description will be emailed to you after registration. Call if you have any questions.
Location: Lovers Lane, Topsham, ME
Region: Maine, Southern and Mid-Coast
Leader: Michelle Moody 207-406-5221 (before 9pm) , Sarah Hunter
Registration is required for this activity.
Trip Difficulty: Easy
FMI: Topsham Trails